1. Where will the games be held? How many games will be played in each division? The games will be held in the Arcadia High Gymnasium (large or small gym). The number of games may differ each season, but typically 8 to 11 games will be played in each season.
2. How long are the games? How much play time will my child get in each game? Each game is comprised of 4 ten minute quarters. Each player must play 5 minutes in each quarter for the first 3 quarters (except for teams with more than 10 players). For teams that have 6 players who show up for the game, each player must sit out for at least 5 minutes per game. For teams that have 7 to 10 players who show up for the game, each player must sit out for at least 10 minutes per game. For teams that have more than 10 players who show up for the game, each player must play a minimum of 15 minutes per game. No player will be able to play an entire game without sitting out unless a team has only 4 or 5 players. A player may be subbed out if he/she is injured only (during the 5 minute required playing time). Around the 5 minute mark of every quarter for the first 3 quarters, officials will stop the clock to allow the substitutions to take place. Coaches are responsible for making sure each player has played their time and has sat out their time as well. The players who are going into the game should kneel down near the scorekeeper’s table, ready to go in, knowing which player they are subbing for. The 4th quarter will be coaches option. Coaches will be able to substitute at their leisure depending on the game situation.
3. When are the games? Games are held on Sundays from 8am-6pm. The schedule for all league games will be released after the teams are drafted. Playoff game times will be released the week of the game, based on the team standings.
4. If we miss a game, may we make it up? Unfortunately, there are no make-ups for missed games as we are limited on game days based on gym availability. If your team cannot make a game, your team will have to forfeit that game.
5. What if my child cannot make it to the draft day? Every child will make a team if they attend the draft. The purpose is to evaluate the players to make a fair distribution of the talent among all of the teams. All participants will be required to be at the draft if they would like to be placed onto a team. Please contact us if there are any issues regarding this.
6. What does the registration fee include? Jersey and shorts, individual/team pictures, insurance, 8-11 league/playoff games in an indoor gym, trophy/medal for championship game, an all star game for top players in each team.
7. Do we need to live in Arcadia to participate in this league? No, you do not need to live in Arcadia in order to participate. The games are held at the Arcadia High School gym.
8. Do you have a division for children not yet in 3rd grade? Although we would love to provide games for those below 3rd grade, the basketball hoops in the gym are standard height and cannot be lowered. If your child can make baskets in standard height hoops and would like to play with 3rd-4th graders, you may sign up for the 3rd-4th grade division tryouts.
9. I have more than 1 child interested in your league. May they be placed on the same team? We would like to accommodate our players, but we also need to be fair and evenly distribute the talent to achieve a balanced and competitive team in each division. If your children fall in the same division (ie. 3rd-4th, 5th-6th, or 7th-8th), please indicate on the player's registration form that you would like your children on the same team. If your children belong in different divisions and you would like your children to be on the same team, then players may be able to play up, but not down. For example, 3rd and 5th grade siblings may be placed in the 5th-6th grade division, but not in the 3rd-4th grade division.
10. My child would like to be placed on the same team as a friend. May we request that on the registration form? Due to the intent of fair distribution of talent among all of the teams, preferences or other desires of the players will not be given any consideration.
11. When will practices be held? Our league consists of volunteer coaches and practice days and times will be different based on the availability of each coach and the players on the team. Typically practices are held either on weekday nights or on the weekends.
12. What if we cannot make the practice days and times? May my child switch to another team? Trading of players between teams is prohibited. If a player has a conflict with the team's practice schedule that cannot otherwise be resolved, the coach should contact the Management Team and ask for assistance in resolving the conflict.
13. Who are the coaches and what qualifications do they have? Our coaches are volunteers who have a passion for basketball and who enjoy teaching basketball. Each coach will have a different teaching style, but each of their goals is to teach the players the rules of a basketball game and teach the fundamentals and skills of playing basketball.
14. When will we find out which coach my child has and when practice will be? The coaches will be at the draft to evaluate the players and then form a team. Each coach will contact you by the week after to introduce themselves and to inform you of practice day and time.
15. Who keeps the trophy or medal for the championship game? Each player and the coach of the team placing 1st in each division will receive a trophy. Each player and the coach of the team placing 2nd in each division will receive a medal.
15. What is the All Star Game? Each team will choose the top players on their team to play in the All Star Game. There is one All Star Game in each division, following that division's Championship game. Each All Star player will receive an All Star t-shirt and play in a fun game.
16. What is your refund policy? No refunds will be given after the 1st game of the season. Should a player choose to retire from our league before the season starts, but after the uniform is ordered, a refund can be issued minus $100 and the uniform will be sent to you.
17. How do I access my account?https://arcadiayouthbasketball.leagueapps.com/dashboard
Copyright © 2022 AYB Basketball - All Rights Reserved.